Workplace Travel Plan Resource
A Workplace Travel Plan is a common sense business management tool designed to address an organisation's travel needs and impacts. It can deliver efficiencies, savings and benefits to an organisation, its operation and its employees. A Workplace Travel Plan can include promotion of ‘sustainable’ travel choices such as walking, cycling, using public transport and car-sharing, as well as reducing the need to travel by encouraging the use of video-conferencing and remote working. This will be reinforced with promotion and incentives and by the management of workplace parking.
The PCAL Workplace Travel Plan resource gives an overview of ‘Workplace Travel Plans’ based on established best practice. It will help you to understand what a Workplace Travel Plan is and why it might be of value to your organisation. The resource will also lead you through the process for developing a Plan, based on the experiences of one employer. Furthermore, there are links to better Workplace Travel Plan examples as well as lists of key Australian and international references. A workplace travel plan promotional brochure is also available which outlines the benefits of developing a plan.
- UK Department for Transport “The Essential Guide to Travel Planning"
- TravelSmart Victoria “Workplace Employer Pack” – to get TravelSmart started in workplaces in Victoria
- New Zealand Transport Agency Workplace Travel Plans
- Sustrans "Active Travel Workplace Toolkit"
- British Standards Institution British Standard for Travel Plans